Wednesday, January 1, 2014

She's back-Again!

Hello, is anyone out there?  I know, I've been gone from blogging for over a year and half.  I've been on Facebook, and enjoying all the posts there, and I've been reading some of the blogs, but for the most part, have dropped out of the stitching world all together.  I did try to start a few things, but didn't get very far on anything.

So since I last posted, my oldest daughter had stopped going to college, and had gotten a job at the local Wal-Mart.  She was working the night shift (10pm-7am), which totally suits her biological clock.  However, she also missed alot, she was either at work, or sleeping.  But she stayed on for a year, and then for a variety of reasons, decided to quit.  She is now back in counseling, taking meds, and trying to deal with the anxiety that is crippling her life.  I'm hopeful she will make it, and find the one thing it takes to learn how to make it.

My son graduated from high school in June 2013, and moved about 80 miles north of us to go to college.  He is living in the dorms, and is a music major.  He loves school, and plays in the Symphony, the Symphonic Band, the Youth Symphony, and the Choir.  He was also asked to audition for the Chamber Choir, so he will be performing in that group this new semester.  He also had general education classes, and manged to pull all A's and one B for his first semester.  Pretty good for being on his own for the very first time.

My kids are obviously very different, but yes, they have the same parents!  It's interesting-kids can be so different, and yet share so much of the same DNA.  They do share the same sense of humor, they are both short and share the same coloring.  And they are both very artistic, just in different things.

I am still dealing with my fibromyalgia and now back issues.  That is the main reason I had stopped stitching.  I find it really had to sit and stitch for any length of time.  But I so miss it.  So when I saw the Stitch From Stash Challenge on Mel's Epic Stitching Blog, I figured that was the challenge for me.  I have spent very little money on stash the last couple of years, yet I have tons to stitch.  Because there is no "finish" I feel like I have to have, just some progress and minimal to no shopping, I am hoping it will encourage me to at least put a few stitches in, until the mojo kicks in! And I am hoping to get some of my back issues treated, and be in less pain, so that will help too.

The first thing I will work on will be Mirabilia's Petal Fairy.  I started it last year, but didn't get very far, as the picture below will show you:


I'm not even sure the top photo is sitting in the right direction.  But I will know once I start stitching in the next few days.

So let's hope I will have a progress picture posted in the next few weeks, and if there is anyone out there, thank you!

1 comment:

Miamina said...

As I also have Fibro, I fuilly understand the issues with stitching and the pain. I also find it hard to concentrate on one thing for too long so I generally go for little and often!

Happy New Year and welcome back to blogging!