Monday, February 20, 2012

International Hermit & Stitch Weekend-February edition

 Here are the 5 ornaments I stitched up over the IHSW.  They aren't really finished, as I have to decide what to back them with, and them trim them up and add a hanger.  But the stitching part is done.  I have 3 more (I think) left to do.  These are designed by Sekas & Co.
















And this is the progress I made on this one.  I started it on Tuesday, and by Friday, I had 2 sides of the purple glitter thread done.  I tried working on this at our monthly craft meeting, but this thread was making me crazy.  So then I started the triangle borders, but I really needed to concentrate, and that is hard to do when you are too busy visiting with your friends.  So I put it aside and worked on the ornaments.  I'll work on it again this week, and hopefully finish before I go back to work.

Hope you all have a wonderful day (hopefully if you are in the US, you have today off), and a wonderful week!

8 comments:

Kate said...

Very pretty ornaments! Your IHSW was a great success!

Beth Pearce said...

Love your ornaments - your big project looks really cool too!

Autumn said...

Well done.

♥ Nia said...

beautiful work :)

Maureen said...

I love your ornamanets - great colour choice

Joysze said...

There are FABULOUS!!! :D

milly said...

Hello

Just joined your blog.

Your ornaments are beautiful.

Happy stitching.

Rachel said...

Hi Susan,

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment today. You had asked about my Cheesy Chicken Casserole, but I can't reply to you via email. It is gluten free and can be found at glutenfreely.com in the main dish recipe section. It has a Mexican flare. :)