Sunday, January 22, 2012

GRRRRR.....

I was truly trying to work on a WIP (LHN's Coffee Menu, pictured previously), but I've the HAED new start urge for about a month or so.  For those that don't know me, I am a HAED hoarder.  I have actually finished 2, but have at least 4 others in a start status, and about 30 (or more) patterns.  For Christmas, my dh and son bought me some new patterns, and then I treated myself to another.  So now, I'm ready for some new starts.  But in my head, I just couldn't start, knowing how close I was to finishing the LHN.  I've spent the last few hours busily stitching away, only to make the corner, go down aways, and realize I screwed up somewhere.  And I can't find where I got off count (by one stupid stitch).  So I quit.  I give up.  One should not be stitching what one doesn't really want to stitch, unless you are ready to be tortured.  Lesson learned.  Now I can start one of my 3 HAED patterns with absolutely no guilt.  And no, I really did not screw up the LHN on purpose.  Although I do sound awful happy about it!

In other news-I will be taking a month long leave of absence from work starting February 1.  I am having a very hard time with my celiac disease, enough to warrant some other food allergy testing to see if there is something else messing up my system.  And after the sciatic nerve issue, my fibro has just been raging.  So hopefully a month will be enough time to get some of my health back by resting, eating better, exercising and hopefully some stitching on the side.

Its finally raining up here in the Northern Valley of California.  'Bout time-the farmers were getting nervous!

4 comments:

Beth Pearce said...

Enjoy your HAED. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Miamina said...

Sorry to hear that your health hasn't been great. On the slight up side, it'll give you some extra stitching time!

Have you decided yet which HAED you will be starting? If not, what are the options?

Patches said...

Hope you feel better

Measi said...

I hope you're feeling better soon, Susan! Sorry that the error bug hit your stitching. Hopefully you'll enjoy the HAED for a while!

I'm behind on my blog reading - so I also wanted to say congrats on being proud of your son. YOU ABSOLUTELY SHOULD. I hope he and his boyfriend are doing well (and that both of them are studying their little butts off in school!)