Sunday, November 21, 2010

#132-136 and a Stitching update

#132-Sabine's Notebook by Nicholas Bantock
#133-The Golden Means by Nicholas Bantock
#134-The Beach Club by Elin Hilderbrand
#135-Houses by Cynthia Rogers Parks
#136-The Ocean Inside by Janna McMahon

Sorry about not updating earlier-been busy just like everyone else out there! I read the first 2 pretty quickly, as they are a series of letters/postcards between 2 strangers. I had already read the 1st one, and was really looking forward to these, but unfortunately, I wasn't too thrilled by these. They provided more questions than answers, and then I learned that there were 3 more books out there in the series. At that point, I decided I wouldn't read those, because I was afraid that there would be a bad ending in my future!

I liked "The Beach Club", but it isn't my favorite Hilderbrand book. I didn't look to see if it was one of her first books, but it didn't feel as evolved as her more recent books.

I really liked the last 2. "Houses" was a book based on the premise that you can remember what was going on in your life based on your memories of living in a certain house. I liked it. I also liked "The Ocean Inside". I liked it better than her first book "Calling Home", probably because it happens in South Carolina, and I love to read books that take place in this part of the country. I hope to visit it some day.

I spent this weekend stitching on Tuscany Town. I will take a picture soon and post it so you can see the progress.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: