Tuesday, October 26, 2010

#127


This the 127th book I have read this year. I have had in my stash of books for quite a while, so I am glad I found a task in the SRC that fit it. It takes place in Madrid, Spain. I loved all the descriptions of Spain, the author does a really good job in describing not only the physical attributes of the region, but also the culture and the people.

The story however, was just okay. It was over 400 pages long, and I just wasn't satisfied with the ending. The main character meets up with the alcoholic father after he leaves their family 8 years earlier. I was hoping for a reconciliation or at least some emotional arguments, but Catherine (the main character) just seems like a cold fish, and the ending just wasn't believable. Just 3 stars out of 5.

Next up is Wicked. I saw the play with my son's chorus class last spring, and just loved it. I wish I would have made it back down to San Francisco to see it again, but it just didn't happen. So I will read the book instead and see if I still say I loved the story!

No comments: