Sunday, August 8, 2010

No pictures-just stuff

Sorry it has been so long in posting. I haven't been doing alot of stitching, just reading, and sleeping and work.

In July, I was finally diagnosed with Celiac Disease. For those who don't know what that is, it is an autoimmune disease where your body sees gluten as an foreign body and destroys it, along with parts of your body. Usually your intestine is damaged, along with nerve damage and alot of other things. This was a good diagnosis for me. I have been sick for quite some time and diagnosed with other "unfixable" diseases such as Fibroymalgia, Irritable Bowel, Interstitial Cystitis. Hopefully as my body heals those things will go away. The only cure to Celiac is to avoid gluten-forever. Not as easy as it sounds, but I will do just about anything to feel better!

My father-in-law got married yesterday-for the 4th time. It was very hot, even though the wedding was in the morning. My 25th high school reunion was to be in the evening, and I am glad I decided not to go. I was wiped out from the heat, and after looking at the pictures, I really have nothing in common with most of these people. I know I am assuming alot, by just saying these things, and not actually talking with any of these people, but sometimes it is hard to get past the past. I still feel 16 years old around these people and definitely not part of the "crowd". Some I am friends with on Facebook, and that feels more "real" than a night full of drinking.

Anyways, I am hoping to have more stitching to show in the future. I need to get moving on some of my projects. I have been sort of drifting along since I finished Sunnia, and I need to get back into it. Stitching soothes my soul, and it could use some soothing these days!

No comments: