Monday, May 24, 2010

Kids

Did someone say raising kids got easier as they got older? They lied. I love my kids so much, but who knew 18 years ago some of the things I would have to deal with in a calm loving manner when all I want to do is scream and protect them by never letting them out of the house again. And as a mom, all the responsibility of listening to these issues can be so draining, yet I don't want them to stop talking to me-I want them to be able to come to me about anything, and so far they have. I just wish their dad would step up to the plate and take some of that burden off my shoulders. I have to deal with a full time job, 2 teenagers, each with their own issues with school and personal stuff, my mom, his parents, and my illness. Acckkk-it would make anyone run screaming from the building.

At least I can say I actually "know" my kids and have a personal relationship built on honesty (most of the time). I never felt that way with my parents. And I am trying to teach dh that talking is a good thing and sometimes they have to learn their mistakes by doing, not by hearing, and hopefully there will be no long term issues.

I'm tired-off to bed.

No comments: